Carrboro, NC

Home Forums General JT Topics Carrboro, NC

Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Barb
    Participant

While roaming around google photos, and searching for something to paint from Chapel Hill, I tried searching “copperline”. I found a link that talked about this,as well as James growing up in Carrboro, west of Chapel Hill. Is this correct? I had never heard it before, I thought he lived in Chapel Hill.

Anyone know for sure? There was a 2 story farmhouse pictured in the book by Timothy White,and then the Frank Lloyd Wright-looking modernistic home they built. Just curious…

Barb
    Participant

So I went seeking answers,and found out the 2 story farmhouse, shown in “Long Ago and Far Away” was in Carrboro, and the more modernistic style one was in Chapel Hill. Learn something new every day! James and Kate each have a painting I did of the farmhouse,as well as the one the Taylors built.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Barb
    Participant

This is the 2nd house I painted.

Attachments:
    Zeldon from NC
    Participant

Hi Barb,

It took awhile for their big modernist home on 24 acres to be designed and built. Locals often consider Carrboro/Chapel Hill as one. If you’re in Chapel Hill driving West, you’re in Carrboro once you cross over the RR tracks.

I’m auctioning the modernist home on June 28th. Clients are the 2nd owners who purchased it from the Taylor family in 1974.

Attachments:
    Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.