Bottle This Thing

Home Forums General JT Topics Bottle This Thing

Create New Topic
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Barb
    Participant

24 hours til I head to St Louis to see James. It’s exhilarating, it’s intense, it’s lovely. Not a care in the world today. Yes, this feeling needs to be bottled and sold.We could put Coca Cola out of business, especially with the “prolonged euphoria” and ” no side effects” or “no harmful additives”.

If you are there, I’ll be to the right, on the 21st row,in a sweet little daze. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Barb
    Participant
    Barb
    Participant

If anyone wants to attend tomorrow night’s concert, Stubhub.com has plenty of Mezzanine seats,but still a good view) for $90.They were $150 or more.Originally,I think they were $65 plus fees,so this isn’t bad.

Barb
    Participant

I went, I saw, I drove back home. It was Kim,Kate M,James, Russ Kunkel,a young man from the Berkshires playing a cello(?),Mr.?cox on keyboards,who was with the band last year,and piped in backgrounds on “Traveling Star” and one other song,which James disclaimed as karaoke.That threw me!But it was needed.I could hear Kate’s dear voice,but that was it.I can never hear Kim,though she’s on stage. Arnold and Andrea were needed,if they were to use any background singers at all,but maybe they couldn’t be there.

James still donned his goatee/beard/call it what you want. I LOVE it.

James didn’t come out on stage til about 9:30 pm,and played til about 10:30. All of the money raised was going to the Variety Charity, with 3 million raised,they said.They buy wheechairs,computers,mats,whatever special needs kids might need.
    6 songs maybe? Maybe more? One thing that struck me about the atmosphere was NO ONE dared sing along.It was dead silent in the audience!
    When James removed his jacket and got “oohs” from the audience,he thanked them,and said they make an old man feel good.

The performance was brief, and the comedian who came from CA to perform needed to just stay home-NOT FUNNY!!But it was still fun for me,and worth the drive.And it was a meaningful experience,with the kids involved in the show production,and emceeing it.
    All of the kids were onstage performing in the beginning,and towards the end.They were SO cute!!
    I took 2 pics of the monitor,and a few of the stage.But the stage ones,my phone wouldn’t zoom in enough to do any good.
    I sat next to a 91 year old woman whose daughters and granddaughters brought her. She grew up in St Louis,and told me that Peabody Opera House,gorgeous old building, has been heavily decorated recently,and wasn’t originally that ornate.That surprised me!

Barb
    Participant

I started a new thread to review this event,but it’s not appearing when I submit it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Barb
    Participant

Here’s a few more pics.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Barb
    Participant

I forgot to mention, this was James’ first time using his finger since he hurt it. He made a point of mentioning it,though also mentioned he wouldn’t hold it up because it was offensive.ha!!

Barb
    Participant

Set list:

“The Water Is Wide”

“Secret O’ Life”

“Something in the Way She Moves”

“Carolina in My Mind”

“Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight”

“Steamroller”

“My Traveling Star”

“Only One”

“Sweet Baby James”

“Fire and Rain”

“(I’m a) Road Runner

“You’ve Got a Friend”

“How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)”

“Shower the People”

14 songs…and I was figuring 6.Time sure does fly!!!

Barb
    Participant

oops…sorry. Add “Close Your Eyes” to the end of that list. So 15.

Barb
    Participant

I don’t know if anyone will read this,but have you ever heard James say that You’ve Got a Friend was written by Carole King in response to a couple of lines of “Fire and Rain”? I hadn’t ever heard it before, but that’s how he told it Sat night. It was her way of comforting him,it sounded like!

Create New Topic
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.