Bristol UK gig 1970 or 1971?

Home Forums General JT Topics Bristol UK gig 1970 or 1971?

Create New Topic
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rob Jarman
    Participant

I went to see James Taylor and Carole King in Bristol, Colston Hall, in 1970 or 1971. I have 2 friends who came with me – it definitely happened!!
    I cannot find any record of this concert in the JT or CK archives – can anyone tell me the dates etc?
    thanks, Rob

Erik
    Participant

A quick Google search lead me to this newspaper article from July 10th 1971 which says

JAMES TAYLOR arrives in Britain on July 8th for his tour commencing on the 9th at London’s Festival Hall. Further dates for the tour are Colston Hall, Bristol, 10th; Free Trade Hall, Manchester (two shows) 11th; City Hall, Glasgow, 13th; City Hall, Newcastle-on-Tyne, 14th; BBC Television special recording, 15th; Fairfield Halls, Croydon, 16th. Following this James Taylor visits Germany returning to England for the Lincoln Festival on 24th July.

Rob Jarman
    Participant

thanks Erik – I am so grateful that you have found that info – I’ve searched so many sites and not comae across that info before!! I don’t know why those tour dates don’t appear in the normal JT or CK gig archives? anyway, I can sleep now!!
    cheers, Rob

Create New Topic
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.