Disappointment

Home Forums General JT Topics Disappointment

Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ree
    Participant

Is anyone else feeling a little disappointed at the “stars” that came out to honor JT at the Kennedy Center? No McCartney, Paul Simon, Raitt, Springsteen, Sting or Carole-Freakin’-King!!! But Darius Ruckus? I’m happy with Sheryl Crow and Garth is okay. But all those greats whom JT has honored in the past—-where were they? Last year, the big buzz was about the fact that Aretha had shown up for CK. Well, at least the Obamas were there.

Carolyne
    Participant

Hi Ree, Yes, most of those would’ve been great performers to honor either JT or the Eagles. Bonnie Raitt was there and, although her tribute was for Mavis Staples she also said some great things about JT.

It should be a great broadcast. I like all of the honorees. Happy Holidays to you and everyone at JTO!

rkiel512
    Participant

And don’t forget former president Bill Clinton, who spoke fondly of “my friend (James) of many years.” Clinton said that “in five decades, his melodies and lyrics have literally become seams in the fabric of my life.”

Barb
    Participant

Hopefully, he knows how well loved he is by those you mentioned, Ree,and didn’t take it personally. They surely had other obligations.

Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.