JAMES TAYLOR & STING in ITALY – Feb?

Home Forums General JT Topics JAMES TAYLOR & STING in ITALY – Feb?

Create New Topic
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tee
    Participant

Is this for real?? At the 2018 San Remo Festival in Italy – James Taylor and Sting making an appearance!

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/lifestyle/arts/2018/01/24/sting-james-taylor-to-appear-at-sanremo-3_bb07ce88-34b5-47de-8b84-f6f2c06c2334.html

rkiel512
    Participant

Yes, it is true! “James will appear with orchestra on February 8, 2018 as part of the televised San Remo Festival in San Remo, Italy. This year’s Festival will include special tributes to the Italian song.”

rkiel512
    Participant

The Sanremo Music Festival is a popular singing competition in the city of Sanremo, Italy. It hosts performers who showcase their original songs.

Tee
    Participant

Thanks Roger. Is the San Remo singing competition something like the old US American Idol? Maybe one of our dear friends in Italy can get a clip of James performing on the show for us. And maybe get us a clip of Sting too at the same show. That would be molto bella, bene – per favore…:)

rkiel512
    Participant

I don’t know much about it other than what our friend tells me. It’s a small venue seating about 2,000. The show is being broadcast live. I’m getting a negative vibe from the Milanians who won’t be attending.

Tee
    Participant

Sorry to hear about the Milano contacts. Impossible to get into small TV studio at any taping anywhere in the world. But lucky for them they can watch on TV. I doubt we could pick up the show here in the US let alone out in the middle of the deep blue pacific! But at least a little report about the performance of both Sting and JT from the Italian fans’ home TV would be better than nothing.

Erik
    Participant

Sounds very interesting, I’m sure a recording of this will pop up somewhere online 😉

Tee
    Participant

LOVE IT – JAMES TAYLOR, IN ITALIAN – beautiful language! singing “La Donna e Mobile” with the Orchestra. And the next link is “You’ve Got a Friend” Duet with Giorgia brought tears to my eyes. Gorgeous sounds this morning. Thank you Eric for finding this – made my day.

Create New Topic
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.