Kansas City- James and The Band

Home Forums General JT Topics Kansas City- James and The Band

Create New Topic
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Barb
    Participant

For the 1/2 show that I witnessed, they didn’t miss a beat. Beautiful videos/photos, good sound, and perky lil James,as usual,bouncing on stage like a teenager. A smaller venue would’ve been better. I miss the old days at Starlight Theatre,where it felt cozy. With 1000 or more between him and the risers I sat on, I never really felt a part of it all.

My advice? GO while you can. Stay healthy. Walk up ALOT of stairs and down alot of streets,and be in shape. Cuz when you don’t, you suffer. I was worn out before the show even began. I took my almost 10 yr old granddaughter,who was impressed by the great music and instrumentals. She had fun, even though we left at intermission.

My concert days are over,but they sure got me through some rough times,and I am SO grateful.

Erik
    Participant

Glad you got to enjoy at least part of a concert! Only 2 more months before I see James again …

Barb
    Participant

Thank you, Erik. He was in MY town.Couldn’t miss it.I hope you love it,but I have no doubt you will.

forever fan
    Participant

The last one? I bet you can’t stick to that plan!
    I have to lug an oxygen machine now and it has a short battery life. Can’t walk far with hip pain now, especially when having to carry the heavy machine. Sometimes I feel my concert-going days are over too.
    I got tix to Elton John in September and not sure if my oxy machine will last long enough for everything involved, just getting to he venue. Fingers crossed.
    The amazing thing is that we are slowing down and good old James is still able to keep up a rigorous schedule and the energy required to perform night after night.Good for him!

Barb
    Participant

Exactly.I’m sorry you have that to slow you down. It’d been 12 days since my third surgery in 2 yrs for b cancer.I thought I’d be fine,and that part isn’t bothering me. It’s spinal stenosis.If I sit and paint all day,I’m fine. I can mow the yard,and do housework. But climbing alot of stairs and doing alot of walking just to get to my seat in the risers took its toll.

I knew when I went to MA last year that it was a challenge. But like having my 5 kids, I just FORGOT the pain it caused after awhile. I took my granddaughter to this one,and maybe a couple Aleve could’ve gotten me through 2 hours. I just didn’t think to bring it.

Never say never, I know,but it was one huge disappointment to be there and NOT be able to endure more than an hour. Not sure I will do that again. But yes,James has a purpose here,and he does it SO well,even at 70!

forever fan
    Participant

So sorry to hear about the need for 3 surgeries. Surely 12 days was pretty soon to attempt a concert. I know that spinal stenosis is a pain, literally. My husband has it and finally agreed to using a walker in the house. He’s been using a rollator when having to go out.Great difficulty with steps. I think our days in a two-story house are numbered. He certainly can’t mow the yard so sounds like for the most part you are functioning better than he is.He also has Parkinson’s so that might be part of his difficulties as well.
    Best wishes..keep on keepin’ on. Hope you have a few more concerts in your future.Maybe a wheelchair would help next time. They have things called transport chairs which are less bulky than a wheelchair. Might make a big difference for you for distance walking. You can even rent wheelchairs from a medical supply store/home health store for a night or two at a nominal cost.Good Luck!

Barb
    Participant

Thanks,but even the little scooters at Walmart? I told my son if I ever need one, I’ll stay home and send him.I’m good. Lord knows, I had more than my share of concerts. This ol hippie’s just done. But if someone can go and enjoy it,and feel good when it’s over,THAT’S when you go.

forever fan
    Participant

Those Walmart scooters…more difficult than they look. Accelerate fast..stop and start wildly. Crazy. I was hell- on- wheels when I tried to use one years ago following a broken leg! Kept knocking clothes off racks! I get it.

Barb
    Participant

Sorry to laugh,but that’s funny!!

forever fan
    Participant

It was funny. Certainly gained respect for al
    l who have to use them, especially for those who can do it with some control!

Create New Topic
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.