Sweet Baby Mania

Home Forums General JT Topics Sweet Baby Mania

Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ree
    Participant

TONIGHT! In advance of James Taylor’s shows at Tanglewood, I’ll be performing “Sweet Baby Mania” at The Lion’s Den in Stockbridge MA from 8-11PM. Here’s what happened last year (you’ll need to scroll for a while):
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bountiful-berkshires-cultural-catch-up-july-20-2017_us_597139fbe4b0545a5c30fed9

Tee
    Participant

So sorry to miss Tanglewood this yearBut I most definitely would’ve come to listen to you cover JT.
    How was your experience at the Tanglewood concert Ree. Get a good view of his guitar fingering?

ree
    Participant

It was as wonderful as you might imagine, Tee. It’s really fun, being that close. Got to chat while he was signing autographs and taking selfies (Jennifer got the first one, of course!) Sang into Kate’s mic—-that’s going on the reesumé! And finally, JT and I compared fingernails as we shook hands before the encores. Oh——the music was good, too.

Jenn_v2
    Participant

It was nice to see you! And such a fun show…if a little HOT and SWEATY (especially holding a 6 year old on my hip during the encores)

My son actually got the first autograph (on a baseball card, James throwing out the first pitch at Fenway). He was so interested in him and nice, asked his name and how old he was, and was he a Red Sox fan. It was very sweet!

My younger daughter was NOT happy to be left out of this, and she insisted on her own picture. James helped her get onto the stage, positioned her, and grabbed by phone to take the picture himself. So sweet again!

Finally, at the very end, my 11 year old wanted to come in (from the lawn) to see what the show was like up close. She got to shake James’s hand (“ewwww, he is soooooo sweaty) while I thanked him for being so awesome and giving everyone such a fun night.

Oh, the music was good too.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.