UK Tour?

Home Forums General JT Topics UK Tour?

• This topic has 25 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by liz.
    Create New Topic
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Bluebell
    Participant

I see that new dates have been announced for the Paul Simon Farewell Tour in July – Manchester, Glasgow, Dublin. Only the Dublin and Hyde Park shows however appear to have JT and Bonnie Raitt guesting. The plot thickens!

Tee
    Participant

Haha…yes Bluebell the plot thickens – happy Euro fans hope you get happier by the minute.
    LIZ, great to see you surfacing here again. I can still see you and Steve’s smiling faces from the last UK/Euro Tour JT and the Band did. Long time since. How wonderful and amazing that Steve’s choice of vacation ended up having two James Taylor concerts attached so easily and smoothly. Long ago here on JTO a young and major JT fan coined a phrase to describe this type of great good luck – “JT Synchronicity” That sums it up for Steve and you this go round. Enjoy your USA vacation safely and wonderfully and most of all have a fantastic time at the concerts and be sure to share with those of us not able to attend this year.
    My JT walking shoes have been twarted a bit this year, not because I’ve replaced them with golfing shoes but due to family responsibilities – mostly dealing and caring for an ill mom. BUT, I will do my utmost to go to at least ONE concert this year. So, hoping for many great and wonderful reports from those of you who want to share your experience out of generosity of heart for the many great fans who can’t make it to his shows this year.
    Stay well y’all and get yourselves to a JT and BR show, JT, BR and Eagles show, JT, BR and PS show coming near you. 🙂

Erik
    Participant

Very exciting all of this, but I somehow do not really expect James to do a complete European tour in the summer. But maybe some more UK dates.

I think that with him being in Italy this week we will soon know more. I’m hoping he will announce a tour in the fall of this year (or beginning of 2019).

If no other European dates are announced, I’ll have to see if I can find the time and money to go see one of the concerts with Paul Simon and Bonnie Raitt.

liz
    Participant

JT Synchronicity….like it. everything fell into place so easily….News just out JT and BR doing Italy…lets hope these plans do the same

Erik
    Participant

Yes that looks great. I may try to see if I can see him in Italy somewhere, but a bit closer to home would be easier 😛

Btw, the Italian news websites list this as the band:

Steve Gadd, Luis Conte, Kevin Hays, Mike Landau, Walt Fowler, Jimmy Johnson, Lou Marini, Arnold McCuller, Andrea Zonn, Kate Markowitz

I think this is the first time ever the full band, including horns section and percussion, are here in Europe. At least I have never seen JT with such a large band here!

Tee
    Participant

AWESOME venues listed for Italy. Hey Erik thanks for the band listing you found for Italy. Looks like Kevin Hayes is the Keyboard? No Larry Goldings? I wonder if this will be the same band lineup for the US shows.
    I just watched an Italian radio interview posted by Sam L. on his site. Its great to see our hero again – even on screen.
    Liz and Steve I will be so sore at not being there in Italy!! Good luck/JT Synchronicity for your Italian dream road trip!! Those venues are Fantastic!
    Erik I hope you and girlfriend can make it to Italy – so romantic those venues – I’m such a sap for them outdoors venue in Ancient historical sites!
    Here a link below for Italian Radio show – thanks to Sam L. Hope it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo1aRQGGr2U

Bluebell
    Participant

Those free days in July are dwindling away and still no word for those of us hoping to catch up with James in the UK this year. Will today be the day we get the news we’ve been waiting for? Hope so!

Erik
    Participant

I think you are going to be happy today Bluebell, I just noticed a number of new concerts on the JT website:

Jul 09 Manchester
    Jul 10 Glasgow
    Jul 12 Leeds

So I think those are the UK dates for this year 🙂

Bluebell
    Participant

Yippeeee thanks Erik! I was hoping for Edinburgh but Glasgow is the next best thing, I will find a way to get there somehow. I am officially a happy bunny 🙂

Bluebell
    Participant

Not much of a buzz in here re the upcoming UK tour. Would folks be interested in joining a Facebook group? I’ve set one up in name, feel free to join if you’re in the UK and we can whip up some excitement before July!

James Taylor UK Fans

Create New Topic
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.