|You’re helping to support our site whenever you follow a link to Amazon.com via our site. Thank you!|
|Jump To:||Videos (VHS and DVD)
U.S. And Import Albums
Work On Other Albums
Bootlegs & Non-U.S. Albums
|T-Shirts & More
Tributes & Instrumentals
Books & Sheet Music
JT’s Family & Band
JT’s Contributions To Other Albums
- New Bossa Nova – JT performs a duet of his song “Never Die Young” on this Luciana Souza album. The song was the title track from JT’s 1988 album.
- Duets: An American Classic – JT duets with Tony Bennett on this Bennett collection.
- Cars Soundtrack – JT performs the song “Our Town” by Randy Newman on Newman’s soundtrack for the animated Disney film, “Cars.”
- Reflections 1 – JT performs “Wild Mountain Thyme” on this collection of performances from the Telluride Bluegrass Festival.
- Livin’, Lovin’, Losin’ – JT performs “How’s the World Treating You” with Alison Krauss on on this tribute to the Louvin Brothers.
- Songs From the Street – JT’s “Jelly Man Kelly” is included on this 3-CD Sesame Street box set.
- Lookout For Hope – JT performs on “The Suit” for this Jerry Douglas album.
- The Concert For New York – JT performs “Up On the Roof” and “Fire And Rain” for this all-star benefit concert.
- Working – The original 1978 Broadway cast recording of this short-lived Studs Terkel/Stephen Schwartz musical includes three compositions by JT: “Millwork” (later called “Millworker” when JT recorded it for his “Flag” album), “Brother Trucker,” and “Un Mejor Dia Vendra,” a Spanish song for which JT composed the music.
- Nearness of You: The Ballad Book – JT performs on two tracks (the title track and JT’s “Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight”) for this Michael Brecker album of jazz ballads.
- Whole New You – JT performs on the track “Boneyards” on this Shawn Colvin album.
- FM Soundtrack – Includes JT’s “Your Smiling Face.”
- Sailing To Philadelphia – Includes JT’s duet with Knopfler on the title track.
- VH1 Storytellers – JT performs a live version of “Mexico” on this collection of performances from the VH1 “Storytellers” series.
- Dial-M-A-C-E-O – JT performs on the song “My Baby Loves You” on this album by jazz musician Maceo Parker.
- Appalachian Journey – JT performs on the song “Hard Times Come Again No More” on this album from Yo-Yo Ma, Mark O’Connor, and Edgar Meyer. It’s a follow-up to their successful Appalachia Waltz album.
- Songs From the Heart – JT’s “Jump Up Behind Me” is included on this CD of songs from various artists.
- E-Town Live – JT performs a live version of “Copperline.”
- Linda Ronstadt Box Set – includes her duet with JT on “I Think It’s Gonna Work Out Fine.”
- For Our Children – a re-release of the classic benefit album for the Pediatric AIDS Foundation. It’s a great collection of kids’ songs and includes JT performing “Getting To Know You.” Jackson Browne, Bob Dylan, Elton John, Carole King, Sting, Bruce Springsteen, and many others big names also contribute their renditions of children’s songs.
- Brand New Day – JT performs on the song “Fill Her Up” on this 1999 Sting album.
- The Best Of Karla Bonoff: All My Life – a collection of re-mastered songs includes JT’s voice and guitar with Bonoff on “The Water Is Wide.”
- Sing America – a collection of patriotic songs that includes JT’s classic rendition of “Oh Susannah.”
- MOM III: Music For Our Mother Ocean – JT’s “Gaia” is included on this Surfrider Foundation benefit CD. It also includes songs by Pearl Jam, Paul McCartney, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and 12 other artists.
- Tapestry – The 1999 re-release of Carole King’s highly-rated collection includes some JT guest appearances plus new liner notes penned by JT. JT also appears on King’s A Natural Woman: The Ode Collection 1968-1976 and Carnegie Hall Concert albums.
- Aida – JT performs “How I Know You” on this all-star album of songs from the Disney stage musical “Elaborate Lives: The Legend of Aida” Other artists on the album include Elton John, LeAnn Rimes, Janet Jackson, Sting, Spice Girls, Boys II Men, Shania Twain, Lenny Kravitz, and Tina Turner.
- The Prayer Cycle – JT performs on this chorale recording of spiritual songs with Alanis Morissette, Linda Ronstadt, and others.
- Stories – JT sings on “Love Divine” for this Maura O’Connell album.
- It’s A Slippery Slope – JT produced this spoken word recording by Spalding Gray.
- Liberty! – JT performs “Johnny Has Gone For a Soldier” with Mark O’Connor on O’Connor’s soundtrack for the PBS documentary “Liberty: The American Revolution.” Enhanced CD with video footage and photos.
- No Nukes – The historic 1979 show is now available. No JT fan will want to be without this 2-CD set featuring the top names of 70s rock including JT, Carly Simon, Graham Nash, The Doobie Brothers, John Hall, Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, and others. See the FAQ for details about the concert and recording.
- The Best of the Columbia Records Radio Hour Vol. 2 – JT performs a live version of “I’ve Got To Stop Thinkin’ ‘Bout That” on this compilation of live performances from many artists.
- Dans Ma Chair – JT sings a duet of his song “Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight” with French singer Patricia Kaas.
- A League of Their Own” soundtrack – JT sings “It’s Only a Paper Moon” and “I Didn’t Know What Time It Was.”
- Stay Awake: Interpretations of Vintage Disney Films – JT performs “Second Star To the Right” on this all-star collection of Disney songs.
- In Harmony – Includes JT singing “Jelly Man Kelly,” Livingston Taylor, Kate Taylor, and Carly Simon.
- A Child’s Celebration of Song – Another collection of songs containing JT’s “Jelly Man Kelly”
- For Our Children, Too – Volume two of the benefit album for the Pediatric AIDS foundation includes JT and Carly Simon performing “Mockingbird.” Volume one contains JT’s version of “Getting To Know You.”
- Faust – JT stars as “God” in this all-star cast album.
- Tonin’ – JT performs “Dream Lover” on this Manhattan Transfer album.
- Angelus – JT performs a duet version of “Only A Dream In Rio” on this album by Brazilian artist Milton Nascimento.
- Carnival – 1997 Rainforest Benefit Concert compliation includes JT singing “I Bought Me a Cat.” Also includes Sting, Elton John, and many others.
- Marc Cohn – JT sings a duet of “Perfect Love” on this self-titled Marc Cohn album.
- Restless Nights – JT sings a duet of “The Water Is Wide” on this Karla Bonoff album.
- Rare On Air Vol. 3 – Los Angeles radio station KCRW’s compilation of live shows includes an in-studio performance of “Secret ‘O Life” with Don Grolnick.
- Up ‘Til Now – JT sings a duet of “Crying In the Rain” on this Art Garfunkel album. JT also sings “What A Wonderful World” with Garfunkel and Simon on Watermark.
- Back In the High Life – JT sings backup on the title track from this Steve Winwood album.
JT Tributes & Instrumentals
- The String Quartet Tribute to James Taylor – instrumental
- Smooth Sax Tribute to James Taylor – instrumental
- Sketches Of James– A collection of JT songs by popular jazz artists.
- Country Road: An Acoustic Tribute To James Taylor – instrumental
- A Tribute To James Taylor – by The Overtures
- A Tribute To James Taylor – by John Sawyer
- Music of James Taylor: Solo Guitar With Nature – instrumental
- Music of James Taylor – instrumental
- Fire & Rain – by Common Ground – instrumental
Books & Sheet Music
- The James Taylor Encyclopedia – A James Taylor fan guide by JTO webmaster Joel Risberg
- James Taylor: Long Ago And Far Away – A James Taylor biography by Billboard editor-in-chief Timothy White
- James Taylor Complete: Volume 1 – Covers “James Taylor” through “Gorilla”
- James Taylor Complete: Volume 2 – Covers “JT” through “That’s Why I’m Here”
- James Taylor Complete: Volume 3 – Covers “Never Die Young” through “Hourglass”
- The Best of James Taylor
- October Road
- James Taylor – Live
- Never Die Young
- Greatest Hits
- Greatest Hits Vol. 2
- James Taylor: Classic Guitar Tab
- James Taylor: Best of Guitar Tab
- Best of James Taylor: With Notes & Tablature
- James Taylor Anthology
- James Taylor Lyric Song Book
- New Best of James Taylor
- New Best Of James Taylor For Guitar
JT’s Band Members & Friends