A painting for James

Home Forums General JT Topics A painting for James

Create New Topic
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Barb
    Participant

I plan on handing this to James in Springfield, MO if I can get to the stage at intermission.

Barb
    Participant

https://flic.kr/p/J9RjFs It doesn’t seem to want to link.

sherrie
    Participant

Lovely work. I’m sure he’ll appreciate it. Good luck getting to the stage.

Only ten days until I see him with Jackson Browne at Wrigley Field. Can’t wait!

liz
    Participant

Hi Barb, so refreshing to see a painting/image that is not of JT himself, but of subjects we connect instantly to him. I am sure you will have the opportunity to present it to ‘Our James’ and he will treasure it.
    My greatest JT treasure is my October Road baseball hat, which I wear all the time, the only item from large quantity of JT merchandise which fits! Had a crisis earlier this week, lost it, was distraught, never realised how much I treasured it. Sleepless night, retraced all my steps the following day, reported it missing to local police…(JT is now on record at our local police station!)
    The outcome: my lovely husband Steve, narrowed it down to location and as always he was right. My personalised JT hat is now safely back in my possession and a local charity is now few pounds richer!

Barb
    Participant

James's guitar ptg done

Thank you,Liz. I took it a step further,and turned wainscoting into weathered wood for a frame (black,gray,white,red acrylics..easy!)Just need to trim it up, touch it up.

Erik
    Participant

Nice work Barb, let us know what the thought of it ! 🙂

Barb
    Participant

Thank you. I changed out the border,and added a rose on the stage. I will.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    liz
    Participant

Like the framing…..make a good album cover, just a thought!

Barb
    Participant

HA!! Thanks!! It’s so easy to do. Just paint the backside of wainscoting with white,black and red, and the painting is held in place by the grooves in the wood.Then add a back,and you have a frame.

Barb
    Participant

Music part of the concert was great, as always.Some of the songs were different from the other 2 shows this year,but too tired to go through a list.

Security said,”No signs” I said,”Its a PAINTING”. A few minutes after getting to our seats, Debbie pointed out a kid carrying in a happy birthday sign bigger than my painting. Guess it was the kids’ birthday.
    I wanted to hand it to James, but instead, I stood there at the stage at intermission explaining why I couldn’t hand it to him. Oh well. He was so so funny. Called a woman who yelled ” I love you” a something hussy…haha!

Create New Topic
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.