BBC Radio programme about Fire and Rain

Home Forums General JT Topics BBC Radio programme about Fire and Rain

Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sally Heaven
    Participant

Hi fellow James Taylor fans!

I’m a producer for BBC Radio 4, the U.K.’s biggest speech radio station. I’m making a programme for the Soul Music series about Fire and Rain. If the song has a special meaning for you, or if you have a personal story connected to this song, I would love to hear more.

And if you’d like to find out more about Soul Music, you can read more here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b008mj7p

I hope this link works outside the UK, let me know if not!

handyman61
    Participant

hi I’ve been a JT fan (From UK) ever since i heard F+R back in 1970 but i have no real “interesting” story to tell unless you count the fact that i heard F+R on the radio for the first time and was immediately blown away by the song and JT and have bought every album he has made ever since !!. my main reason for replying was the fact that this website is not the ideal place to get the info you need. it is hardly used anymore(sorry Joel) and i have only seen your post by chance tonight because i was taking a trip down memory lane to see how the old site was doing(i was a regular in late 90’s onwards) with the advent of Facebook etc. sites like JTO faded out of the picture as JT FB groups were formed. to cut a long story short i belong to a group on FB called James Taylor network group link https://www.facebook.com/groups/jamestaylornet which has 24.5 k members and is a thriving fan group and i’m sure there would be many members who would have some great stories. it is a private group but it is easy to join as long as you have a FB page,but you may have to wait a day till your membership is accepted. all posts are vetted so some form of proof that your post is genuine may be needed (Anti spam stuff). i hope this helps and look forward to reading more about your project on the group. Colin

Sally Heaven
    Participant

Hi Colin,
    thanks so much for taking the time to get back to me, it’s much appreciated! By coincidence I’d just stumbled across the James Taylor network on Facebook before reading your message. I’ll give them a try!
    All best wishes,
    Sally

handyman61
    Participant

Hi Sally Thanks for replying and looking forward to seeing the project materialise on the group. All The Best Colin.

Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.