Chapel Hill

Home Forums General JT Topics Chapel Hill

Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Barb
    Participant

Since my oldest son,his wife and two grandsons now live in Chapel Hill, I’m going out the end of October for a brief visit. Josh said the JT museum is now inside city hall, I think he said. And I know there’s the James Taylor Bridge there. Also might find Morgan Creek Road,and quickly make a drive down it to see if I can see the old house. But are there any other things to see while I’m there?

From the pics I get from my son, they have deer on their property alot, and so many big,towering trees. I can imagine it being a fun place for little kids to grow up!

Barb
    Participant

Two weeks til I go. Looks like I’ll miss the peak colors of fall,but oh well, it’s going to be so much fun to finally see Chapel Hill. Pics to come.

Barb
    Participant

i am here and it is gorgeous.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Barb
    Participant

I hoped to get more pics for you,but it rained all day Sunday,and was much cooler yesterday.Spent alot of time at my son’s house with my grandsons,and watching deer, playing around there. We did get to Carrboro,near UNC,and I learned alot of history about CH, including seeing University Inn. That place sits on the hill (though not much of a hill!) where New Hope Chapel used to sit in the 1700s.Hence the name,Chapel Hill. Pretty place. We dined in old rail cars in Carrboro,and I wanted to try their barbeque. I still love KC Barbeque. Vinegar-based,atleast there where I tried it,wasn’t for me. We drove through the campus of University of North Carolina. I didn’t see a building where Dr.Taylor might have worked,but did see the hospital. Apparently the whole town was built around that school.

Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.