Chattanooga perfection

Home Forums General JT Topics Chattanooga perfection

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Barb.
    Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Barb
    Participant

What a show. The mic went sour for a second during “Fire and Rain”,not his fault,but being the pro he is,he kept on.
    The band was excellent,Steamroller gets better every time.
    I sat in the dark and wrote down the setlist until I realized I couldn’t see where on the envelope I’d written the last song.I gave up. But he started with Wandering,still so beautiful,and he hit some lovely low notes that were downright sexy, I thought!

Copperline he introduced as being like a landscape painting.

He had been enjoying the scenery while in Chattanooga,and thanked the audience for being so welcoming. It is a lovely place.He just made it all the better.
    Kudos to the band as well. They were great.

Erik
    Participant

Happy to hear you had a good time 🙂

Bridget
    Participant

Sounds wonderful Barb. Thanks for sharing.

Barb
    Participant

It was 1400 miles round trip,bonafide Cray-cray here,but worth every single mile. I think sometimes,”Oh, I can’t do a road trip”,and then there’s a concert,and I hit the road! I have a 22 yr old Ford pickup, so I defied reasoning.

I’m usually not bold enough to go up to the stage while he’s signing autographs,but I did, because the couple next to me ended up being so nice,and HE didn’t have an autograph, so I said I’d go down there. One young woman kept screeching James’s name,trying to get him to come down close to where I was standing.I wouldn’t have the patience he does,its something to admire.But eventually,amidst her yelling, he signed her shirt.

The intro for Jolly Springtime,which he’s now broken away from Before This World,was about how his dad used to sing a little song about it being the 1st of May,time for outdoor f-ing. The song now will hold a totally new meaning for me, but hence the “Birds and the bees”,I think. Nice to know my dad wasn’t the only dad who said things he probably shouldn’t have around his kids!

During “How Sweet It Is” I also went back down to the stage,and danced along with the rest of them.I figure life’s short.Go for it! Jimmy Johnson gave me a sweet smile,too. I hope if you haven’t gone to see this year’s show, you do. Plenty of classics on the list.

Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.