Fenway and Wrigley 2016!!!!!

Home Forums General JT Topics Fenway and Wrigley 2016!!!!!

Create New Topic
Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Tee
    Participant

Jenn – He didn’t stay after the show last year at Tanglewood or at Fenway! But he has a couple times at Tanglewood a few years back. I think at Tanglewood he is very busy these days with the BSO friends and family who come to Lenox around July. After the Fenway show with Bonnie Raitt there was no meet and greet for fans at all – James whole family – first family Kim and Rufus and Henry and their friends and all James siblings were there so he really had no time for fans. Poor guy – everybody wants a piece of him…hundreds and hundreds of fans. Imagine how exhausting that must be!
    Also because of the beefed up security at all venues especially after the Marathon bombings in Boston, even a remote venue like Tanglewood is, these days, very tight with security and keen on moving everyone in and out as fast as possible. I suspect those days of James hanging out with fans before, mid and after shows are GONE! Not that he doesn’t want to, is my guess – but venue security may not allow it.
    Just my two cents. Sad what our world is coming too – out of fear we rush to give up our freedoms!

Barb
    Participant

Not only was Fenway beefed up because of the Boston bombings, but because some of the survivors of that horrendous day were there to meet James.

Eva
    Participant

Oh, I will try to find him after Wrigley 🙂

I am quite a new fan of him. I do not know why I did not hear of him when I was young. I was a fan of the Beatles but had never heard of JT. I remember some of his music but not his name.

Anyway, does any of you know if he has ever learned singigng. I understand that he was born with this beautiful voice , but I suppose even these talented musicians like him have to ” train” in some way.

Thank you

Eva
    Participant

I like your FB page:)

Jenn_v2
    Participant

Yes, we met and talked with some of the Boston Marathon peeps at Fenway (and Tanglewood). It shook me up, frankly! James is so kind to them.

years and years and YEARS ago, Emily and I got to chat with him while leaning on the old green pickup truck after a Tanglewood show during the fireworks (maybe the same truck as on Before This World cover?). Long, long time ago – pre-twins I think! Certainly a different world now.

Create New Topic
Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.