JT/Eagles tonight!

Home Forums General JT Topics JT/Eagles tonight!

Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    forever fan
    Participant

I won tix to tonight’s show in DC. Not the great seats that I’m used to with presales, but thankful as we couldn’t afford them this time. I never have luck except when it is James-related! We have had torrential rains for days and originally the forecast was not good for tonight. But the forecast improved and the sun is shining this am. Thanks James, for bringing the sunshine. You always do!!

Barb
    Participant

WOW!! Hope you had a fabulous time. Absolutely everything James performed this year that I heard was beautiful,but between you and me and the WWW, hearing “Hotel California” live would have been worth going.

Tee
    Participant

How very lucky for you FF. So how did the night go with JT and the Eagles. I’ve been out of the country and haven’t seen any reviews. Hope you share yours.

forever fan
    Participant

Thanks, ladies! I had to reset password..again..to reply
    Unfortunately the horrendous traffic caused us to miss the first hour plus of James. Thought for sure I missed all of him but somehow still got to hear four or five songs. I wondered if it started on time which was seven as he was still singing at 820 when we arrived. Thankful for that and he sounded wonderful as always!A different experience from the seats I won. Spoiled, I guess, by being closer for all his concerts,but the seats were better than I thought they would be..and free.. so no complaints. First time seeing the Eagles and they were great. The whole experience seemed a bit surreal. Relied on the big screen from a distance and I didn’t quite feel like I was really there . Eagles sounded so perfect, almost so perfect it didn’t seem live! My friend wanted to get a head start on the departing crowd, and strangely I was ok with that as I was worried a bit about having enough breath to make it up the steps. Toting an oxygen machine these days. We had tried UBER for the first time. Ended up waiting 2 hrs. for a ride, standing on the street corner until 1 30 am,so we should have stayed for the end. The Eagles were playing Hotel California as we were leaving.Nice to hear that one! I wondered if James returned to the stage with them at the end and what I might have missed.I have never left a concert until the last note is sung!All in all it was a crazy time. DC traffic is always terrible, but exceptionally bad for a Thursday night heading into DC as opposed to dealing with southbound rush hour traffic.It took 6 hrs. from home to the stadium and should have taken under 2! I left home at 2 30 and got there at 8 20..disappointing. Glad I went and thankful for the tix, but not quite the usual experience and nothing noteworthy to mention as far as a review, sorry, other than I loved seeing/hearing James as always….all about the “adventure” getting there and back!

Create New Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.