JT Was kind of mysterious today.

Home Forums General JT Topics JT Was kind of mysterious today.

Create New Topic
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Martin gardner
    Participant

He said “studio work in the barn post-tour”.
    Any ideas as to what it could mean?
    The picture of himself that he posted did not show any recording gear on (headphones etc).
    Could it be some live stuff that is getting postproduction.
    He needs to Bruce Springsteen/Dave Matthews and release concert after concert given how infrequent ANY type of album from him comes out (Helps with Bruce Springsteen especially it being five years since Bruce’s last studio album) – I found old ones from 1991 at madison square garden and 1994 in Boston that have never been released and are in GREAT quality. I’m especially interested in hearing 2002/03 when he toured October Road having found a rehearsal recording when he was getting ready for the Summer-Fall ’03 Tour now I want to hear arena/amphitheatre shows from after the 2003 tour started + some from fall ’02

Erik
    Participant

Last year JT said in an interview he was working on an album of Jazz standards, based mostly around his versions on the acoustic guitar but also featuring guitarist John Pizzarelli. It seems they may be in the final stages of producing that album, so I guess relatively soon we may get a release date for it. Looks like the jamestaylor_com team is already building up the anticipation for it 🙂

Barb
    Participant

Last week,there was something that said he was working on a new album, I believe. I’ll try and find it again.

Dan
    Participant

Erik, any chance you have a link for that interview? Thanks!

Erik
    Participant

Can’t find the interview anymore. I only remember it talked about this album of Jazz standards which was at that time intended for somewhere first half of 2019. Think he recorded “Moon River” for it …

rkiel512
    Participant

James said this last year in an interview prior to the Paul Simon tour. Moon River and God Bless the Child are songs being worked on. The project includes a limited role by jazz guitarist, John Pizzarelli. Here is a link to an article where James mentions the new album: http://shohny.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17297&sid=280e51943652571372e8e86645c50c59

Create New Topic
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.