Remember when….

Home Forums General JT Topics Remember when….

Create New Topic
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ree
    Participant

….in order to see a live JT performance, we had to either actually attend a concert or later camp out in front of the TV for a rare 3 songs on Saturday Night Live (and I really mean LIVE—pre-VCRs!)? Nowadays, you can’t hit a random button on a remote without landing on a JT TV appearance. My DVR is backed up! Not that I’m complaining, mind you…..

Carolyne
    Participant

I do remember, Ree!

Tee
    Participant

LOL – ancient technology when those of us that missed concerts or JT TV appearances – pre VCR – counted on bootleg from anonymous shadow people to tape the shows and mail us cassette tapes of it. Terrible sounds on these cassette tapes but we relished and soaked up every word and every song. Then came the VCRs and tape exchanges – bad pictures and bad sounds – but we clamoured from kind friends who taped shows. NOW just send a link via email or text of a YouTube of any concert any TV appearance of our hero… Every developmental era of technology to get our JT concerts and appearances hit was thrilling and fun…and what a great community of friends we made thru it all…

Create New Topic
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.