The 2017 tour begins!

Home Forums General JT Topics The 2017 tour begins!

Create New Topic
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Tee
    Participant

Ree, Thank you for sharing your experience.

I’m going to be very sorry about having to miss seeing this show. I love Bonnie Raitt and her slide guitar she is awesome. I really enjoyed the last show they did together at Fenway – was that only last year?
    (Of course, Bonnie aside, you all know how much I adore our James Taylor – I’m the one to challenge Tavis Smiley’s public proclamation of he being JT’s number one fan!) The massive crowd in those large arenas must put out special energy reaching out to the performers, making for incredible energetic performances. At least that’s part of the wonderful surprise experience I had at Fenway with JT & BR.

With both performers doing their own show with their own band – does that make for a very long evening? I wouldn’t complain for its length. I couldn’t get enough of these two artists performing live.

Thanks for the JT setlist but do you happen to have Bonnie’s setlist?
    I understand you also saw the show at Tanglewood. So nice, and so lucky for you to see them twice already!

I’m sorry to hear he isn’t interacting with fans at the stage – those moments are so special. I’ve been there many a time and have witnessed how moving it is not only to those who are able to get to talk with him, albeit too briefly, but also seen heartfelt sweet reactions from those far back in the arena who can’t get to him, but can only watch his reaching out to fans near him. So impressive and so moving it has brought tears to many, many eyes!

I do have to add that of all the James Taylor signings at stages around the country and even around the world, where I’ve had the great good fortune to be at, the worst, most ugly crowd pushing, elbowing in an ambience filled with a sense of desperation and greed to be near him has been at every single JT concert experience in the Shed at Tanglewood in recent years. Also the crowd there at JT summer concerts at Tanglewood over the years seem to have turned uglier and nastier from witnessing stuff going on in the parking lots and grounds after the concerts! Maybe its more of the drinking and partying crowd attending nowadays, rather than the picnic music crowd of earlier years.

I think it’s a sweet kind move on James Taylor’s part to his fans to personally interact as he does. Not many great and famous like him have the skill-set and patience to deal with needy but loving fans. Unfortunately it takes a few rotten fans with rotten reasons to be there to ruin it for the rest of us.

Keep on keeping on you JT loving fans…

Jenn_v2
    Participant

Barb, I actually did ask the complaining front row occupants if they had ever been to a concert before! Maybe not in the sweetest of tones, but I thought maybe they didn’t know what to expect?

rkiel512
    Participant

July 9, 2017, Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA

Bonnie Raitt
    1) Unintended Consequence of Love
    2) Need You Tonight
    3) Rainy Day Man
    4) Spit of Love
    5) Nick of Time
    6) Love Me Like A Man
    7) Something to Talk About
    8) Shakin’ Shakin’ Shakes
    9) Angel From Montgomery
    10) Burning Down the House
    11) Thing Called Love (with James Taylor)

James Taylor
    1) Carolina in My Mind
    2) Country Road
    3) Sunny Skies
    4) First of May
    5) Montana
    6) Mexico
    7) October Road
    8) Steamroller
    9) Don’t Let Me Be Lonely

10) Jump Up Behind Me
    11) Something In The Way She Moves
    12) Sweet Baby James
    13) Fire and Rain
    14) Shed a Little Light
    15) Shower The People
    16) Your Smiling Face
    17) How Sweet It Is

Encore:
    18) Johnny B. Goode (with Bonnie Raitt)
    19) You’ve Got a Friend
    20) You Can Close Your Eyes (with Bonnie Raitt)

rkiel512
    Participant

If you’ve ever sat in the front row, you’d have a different view ~

ree
    Participant

I didn’t go to Tanglewood, Tee; I had gigs both nights, including a roomful of JT fans on the 3rd. And I believe it’s correct to say that the intermission is gone because there’s already a long one between the two performers. It WAS a longer evening–as you can see from the set list, James didn’t shorten his show–but I could have done with more from Bonnie. She was spectacular. And I think the crowds at Tanglewood may have some sort of feeling of entitlement….that JT is “their” boy, so it gives them the right to be obnoxious. Maybe, maybe not.

The larger crowd does up the energy level, but the intimacy is still there.

JTATLFAN
    Participant

My entire view of last night’s concert got deleted when I tried to make one little edit! Arg! Will try again later! (whoever administers this site needs to fix that problem. I saved it, looked at it after it posted, hit the edit button and made the one little change, and the post just got deleted, even though it showed up as “last post XX minutes ago”)

Jenn_v2
    Participant

I’ve sat in the front row center a bunch of times including at Tanglewood.

Maybe it doesn’t bother me that people get up and dance because I’m already up myself.

Either way, it’s kind of strange to assume that no fans are going to approach the stage when James WIFE and singers are up there encouraging people to get up and come down. Doesn’t make sense.

Tee
    Participant
    Tee
    Participant

So I posted that Facebook url The Swon Brothers. He had a video from JTBR Nashville Show that he posted on James Taylor’s FB showing JT signing at the stage after the show and talks very emotionally about how much he appreciated James signing a shirt he’d bought. I think we can’t edit or remove any of our own posts anymore. Just want to say that link only works if you are a Facebook member.

Barb
    Participant

Tee,wish you could find a way to just go. And Tanglewood on the 4th,at the stage,was madness. Cheryl actually got knocked to the floor.

Jenn,good..you needed to comment. Wonder why THEY weren’t up dancing,too?

I will go back again next year because even if you don’t go for a concert,go for the scenery. SO pretty.

Create New Topic
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.