Breast Cancer

Home Forums Social Lounge Breast Cancer

Create New Topic
Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Barb
    Participant

Thanks, Arkie. You’re right. I’m trying to plan my entire spring/summer around the tour,and getting every drop of these concerts I can. I’m sorry,but chemo and radiation are WAY Down on the list of my priorities. They just are.

sirmartin
    Participant

Hi Barb, sorry to hear about your breast cancer. I guess to hear it is stage one is the best of the worst to hear. I know it is overwhelming the rollercoaster that you just stepped in. Everyone has to cope with it in there own way. Friends and family can be a great help.

We at our radiotherapy centre try to be a great help to patients too, doctors are always available to answer questions, nurses and radiographers ask during every visit how the patient feels and how there home situation is and if there are questions that can be answered by them, or if they need any help. By the many thank you cards and cakes we get it show there appreciation. Ever returning story is that they found it hard to get the diagnose cancer and the long treatment but the open and friendliness of all the people at the therapy centre made it much easier to cope with and made them feel respected (as it should be). So a patient friendly healthcare centre makes a big difference too, you have to feel comfortable there and respected. Not feeling like a number.

Don’t get to influenced by horror stories from other or the scary tumor/surgery etc pictures on internet sites. It can make you feel bad and down and scary. Every case is different. I think positive view can also make a difference, something to look forward too. Although you still have to jump on that rollercoaster.
    Here some patients who want it we offer a weekend at a hotel at the beach, to relax. Since we are situated close to the coast that is easy. Just a bit of my bla bla … maybe some of it makes sense, I wrote it from my point of view as a biomedical technologist and lineair accelerator engineer.
    I do not visit here very often, still miss the old chatbox where I first visited in 1997. And the next year met some of the JTO-ers in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
    I wish you well and hope that you can forget this badness soon and pick up your life.

Martin

Barb
    Participant

Thank you,Martin. Yes. Chemo and radiation are scaring the heck out of me! I’ll see the medical oncologist in a few hours. I’m hoping she can give me a little peace of mind. Not exactly how I planned on spending 2016.

Barb
    Participant

Surgery yesterday, cancer is out,and I’m about to enjoy this gorgeous weather!!

sirmartin
    Participant

I did not check in for a few weeks. Yes I can understand that chemo and radiation would scare the heck out of you. Myself I would be more worried about chemo then radiation therapy both have there pro’s and con’s.
    Good to hear you had surgery and the cancer is out. Spring is just starting, a good time to pick up life again and leave the worrying behind. Life is fragile and precious.

🙂
    Martin

Barb
    Participant

Thanks,and yes. I’m not trying to find a bail-out,but when it came down to it, I held my ground.No chemo. No radiation. It’s not that I don’t think I’m strong enough to endure it.Even kids go through it.It’s just that if that’s all there is to offer me,no thanks. You really would think for all the trillions that has been spent on cancer research ( or lining pockets ) there would be a cure that had little to no side effects. When that happens if I’m still around,I’ll talk.

Barb
    Participant

It’s November.I’m still here,and if there’s still cancer in me, I’m not losing weight or dying.

Create New Topic
Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.