MusEdit Tips

Home Forums Musicians’ Corner MusEdit Tips

Create New Topic
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bat
    Participant

I attached a Word document that I created to help make songs with only lyrics and custom chord voicing diagrams. I keep things simple. Check it out and throw me a comment if it helps you.

Bat

bat
    Participant

Let’s try this again…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kendall Miller
    Participant

Hi Bat. I’m not exactly a Computer Expert. I tried to download MusEdit from the link you provided and it had me save the file. I opened it in Word (as prompted…I have the 2016 iteration of Word) and it kept generating page after page with garbled letters and squares….I had my wife give it a try and the same thing happened. Do you have a fix, or go around, that might help me to download this program? Thank you for your time!
    Kendall
    P.S.
    I want to use MusEdit to put together a Lyric/Chord transcription for “Love Has Brought Me Around” (since that has not been done accurately on any site that I’ve found….it’s James’ only song in G Tuning). Have you given my tab of “Love Songs” a try?

bat
    Participant

Hey Kendall,
    Sorry you are having trouble. If you send me a message through this website, include your email address then I can email you directly. If all else fails, I can burn a CD with the Musedit application and all supporting files. Then mail it to you. Just a thought. I have not played through your Love Songs yet, but I will. traveled alot over Thanksgiving, XMas and New Years.

Brian

bat
    Participant

Kendall,
    I am at work and cannot access my sheet music files. Some time ago I worked out Love Has Brought Me Around by listening to an obscure recording of JT playing it solo for a music workshop. In this version he is in an “open E” tuning. Tune your guitar so it plays an “E” with all strings open. Tuned this way I believe my chord voiceings are really close to what he is playing.

I will have a look for them and, if possible, see if I can find this live version on YouTube or something.

See ya,
    Brian

bat
    Participant

I looked over my sheet music and listened to the song again. You DO NOT tune in an open “E” but rather a “dropped D”

I will need to re-work the chord sheet music. I think I will be able to do a pretty accurate job.

I will post my NEW chord diagram sheet music as its own topic in here when I am done. So, keep an eye out for it.

See ya,

Brian

Create New Topic
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.