Water is Wide

Home Forums Musicians’ Corner Water is Wide

Create New Topic
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kirk Lorange
    Participant

Hi, everyone, I’ve been a JT fan since I first heard him back in 1970 or so, in fact it was his playing that made me go out and buy my first steel string. I had always been a finger style player but only on nylon strings. Hearing his beautiful orchestral style on steel strings was all I needed.

One om all time favorite pieces of music is his duet with Karla Bonoff on ‘The Water Is Wide’. There is a to-die-for harmony line toward the end that I never get tired of hearing.

I’ve been a slide player for decades now and below is a link to my self-duet of The Water is Wide on my two Strats, one that I’ve owned since 1973 (The brown one). Hope you like the video!

bat
    Participant

All I can say about your playing is wow!

I know the harmony you are talking about. It’s the line in the song where they sing, “give me a b-o-o-o-o-a-a-a-t, that can carry two.” I have listened to that harmony many times. I think I got goose bumps the first 25 times I heard it.

I actually met Bonoff around 2000 when she played at the Mucky Duck, an Irish pub in Houston Texas known as a great acoustic guitar venue. She and I talked a bit after the show. We talked about was this song and her recording it with JT.

I have attached a picture of Karla and myself at the Mucky Duck.

Again, I greatly enjoyed your performance.

Bat

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Create New Topic
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.